Friday, 10 September 2010

Birthday Cake

Our baby is 15 today! I just can't believe where the time has gone, I so remember the evening she was born, so quickly, nearly had her in the car park. Now she is a beautiful young lady, tall, slim, such a loving nature (apart from the teenage moments) and we are so very proud of her. I made this cake for her today, It is a chocolate/strawberry cake from Nigella Lawson's "How to be a domestic goddess" book. She calls it "Store cupboard chocolate orange cake" and makes it with marmalade but she writes that you can substitute any jam for the marmalade, which I did. I used strawberry jam without any pips, so very smooth.

I also just have to show off my Ikea cake stand. It makes me so excitingly happy. I love the way there are little flowers embossed in the glass bottom and the glass dome just makes it look so beautiful. It does stand on a pedestal but the photo doesn't show that. No doubt there will be more photo's of my lovely cakestand in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. It's Stunning!!! The cake AND the stand. Lovely lovely!
    Congrats on your little girl's birthday! Time flies huh?

    ReplyDelete