Friday, 22 April 2011

Bento's back!

My college student daughter has tried the expensive, unhealthy, tasteless canteen food at her college and has decided that she misses her Bento, which her mum so lovingly used to make for her.

I am very happy about that and I am glad she has made that decision, it was hers to make. I didn't want to embarrass her by being the only one that came with a box full of lovely food while everyone else ate chips, crisps, expensive but tasteless pre-packed sandwiches.

It is important to let them do their own thing for a while. And now she wants her Bento back. And she didn't even get funny comments from her friends, just jealous glances and a few questions.

I even managed to sneak a few BMAs in (Best Mates Always, little picks) even though I thought that was maybe pushing things too far for a cool college student but even they were appreciated.
2 Flatbread filled sandwiches (chicken, tomato, lettuce)
cucumber
Fruit
some crisps
babybell cheese
Kit Kat

Not too exciting looking today, a bit pale but I am working on it. I can't make them too cute, with flower cut outs, so not be laughed at by her college mates.

It is good to be back to Bento!

1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL!!! It looks pretty good to me!. Lucky girl your daughter. Smart too!

    ReplyDelete